For furniture with high-gloss finish, it is necessary to polish the surface of the paint film. Polishing is mainly aimed at paints with a hard paint film. Usually, the surface of the paint is sanded with ultra-fine sandpaper (or steel wool, white cut cloth, etc.), and then the polishing paste ( Sand wax or gloss wax) is rubbed on the surface of the paint film to improve the surface finish and obtain a soft, elegant and stable gloss.
Based out of Chengdu, China, M&Z Furniture are a global pioneer in manufacturing and supplying furniture and custom designs to the residential space, hospitality environment, commercial estate. Our comprehensive products are made of the highest quality materials and we promise the prompt delivery time and 100% test by professionals.
Our products and services include RTA furniture, upholstered furniture, accent furniture, OEM furniture, ODM furniture, trade furniture, contract furniture,hotel furniture etc. We're committed to supplying quality high gloss furniture to a wide variety of partners, including exclusive franchisees, mass merchants, specialty stores, discount stores, home centers, warehouse clubs, and internet retailers, e-commerce stores, commercial estate etc.
There are many types of coatings used in furniture production, and the paint effects are different. The key to affecting the coating effect and finishing process is the type of resin. The types of paints commonly used in furniture production include nitro paint (NC), unsaturated resin paint (PE), polyurethane paint (PU), ultraviolet curing paint (UV) and water-based paint (Water).
(1) Nitro coating (NC) Nitro coating is also called nitrocellulose coating (Nitrocellulose is nitrocellulose, abbreviated as NC), lacquer or NC coating. It is mainly composed of nitrocellulose, combined with other synthetic resins (such as rosin). One-component coatings prepared from resins, etc.), pigments, plasticizers, additives, solvents, diluents, etc., rely on solvent volatilization to cure and form a film, and no curing agent is required.
(2) Unsaturated polyester coating (PE) Unsaturated polyester coating (Polyester resin, abbreviated PE) refers to a type of coating that mainly uses unsaturated polyester as the main film-forming substance. Polyester coating is a unique type of furniture coating. It is cured by the polymerization reaction of main agent, accelerator (blue water) and initiator (white water), and its cross-linking monomer styrene has both solvent The dual effect of the film-forming substance makes polyester a solvent-free coating. There is no solvent volatilization during film formation, the solid content is nearly 100%, and the coating conversion rate is extremely high, and a thicker coating film can be formed at one time.
(3) Polyurethane coating (PU) Polyurethane coating is polyurethane coating (Polyurethane, abbreviated PU), which is an important type of furniture coating in my country, and is currently the most widely used in the domestic furniture market. Polyurethanes are mostly two-component coatings, one of which is a combination of polyols (or other hydroxyl-containing polymers), pigments, additives, and solvents in proportion, and the other is a curing agent, which is composed of polyisocyanate and anhydrous. It is composed of solvent, and the two groups are mixed and painted in a certain proportion, and can be cured by chemical reaction (R'—OH+R—NCO [illustration] R—NH—CO—O—R’) at room temperature, or heated The method accelerates the reaction and curing speed, and is suitable for various seasonal environments.
(4) Ultraviolet-curing coating (UV) Ultraviolet-curing coating (Ultraviolet Rays, UV coating for short), also known as radiation-curing coating or photosensitive coating, is an environmentally friendly and energy-saving coating developed in the past 20 years. It is mainly composed of photoactive oligomers, photoactive monomers, photoinitiators, etc., and uses the radiation of ultraviolet (UV) or electron beam (EB) light sources to rapidly polymerize and crosslink liquid chemicals to achieve curing. The coating has a long active period, convenient storage and transportation, and the solid content is close to 100%. As a pollution-free and high-efficiency decorative material, UV coating has many advantages that traditional coatings cannot match.
(5) Water-based paint (W) Any paint that uses water as a solvent or as a dispersion medium can be called water-based paint. Water-based coatings include water-soluble coatings, water-dilutable coatings, and water-dispersible coatings (latex coatings). Water-soluble coatings use water-soluble resins as film-forming substances, represented by polyvinyl alcohol and its modifications, as well as water-soluble alkyd resins, water-soluble epoxy resins, and inorganic polymer water-based resins. Water-dilutable coating refers to the coating prepared by dispersing resin in water by mechanical stirring under the action of emulsifier, which can be diluted with water during construction. Water-dispersible coatings mainly refer to coatings formulated with synthetic resin emulsions as film-forming materials, which are the latex paints we often see. Wall paints and furniture paints in home improvement mostly belong to this category. Water-based coatings are becoming more and more popular due to their good environmental performance.
The basic process of furniture finishing process includes substrate surface treatment, hole filling, coloring and dyeing, primer, topcoat, paint film trimming and other processes. After each finishing process, there are also coating curing process and sanding treatment process, finishing operation. The paint should be mixed as required.
Post time: Jun-10-2022